Draft Kings is one of the premier sites to play on for Daily Fantasy Sports. They have finally opened up their doors to soccer lovers and are now hosting large prize pool competitions for Champions League, English Premier League, and Major League Soccer. Click the above banner to head over and sign up for your account. There is a first deposit bonus of 100% match up to $600. Below you will find the basics on the format and scoring of all their contests.
Update: DK will open up for business in the UK starting Febuary 2016 and have a shared player pool.
CONTEST FORMAT: SALARY CAP
- In each contest, participants will be assigned a fixed salary cap of $50,000 that they can use to draft their 11-player roster.
- The Player Pool will consist of all league players expected to be playing on a given game day. Any missing players will not be added to the pool once DraftKings starts offering contests for that day. Player salaries will also not change once DraftKings starts offering contests for that day.
- Contest results and winners will be based on the total points scored across each entrant's 11-player roster (scoring summarized below).
- Rosters will consist of 11 players and must include players from at least 3 different teams.
- The 11 roster positions are: GK, D, D, D, M, M, M, F, F, Util, Util (any non-goalie)
- Players will accumulate points as follows:
- Goal = +10 PTs
- Assist = +6 PTs
- Shot = +1 PTs
- Shot on Goal = +1 PTs
- Crosses = +1 PTs (via corner kick, open play, and set pieces)
- Fouls Drawn = +1 PTs
- Fouls Conceded = -0.5 PTs
- Tackle Won = +1 PTs
- Pass Intercepted (D,M,F) = +0.5 PTs
- Yellow Card = -1 PTs
- Red Card = -3 PTs
- Penalty Kick Miss = -5 PTs
- Saves (GK) = +2 PTs
- Goal Conceded (GK) = -2 PTs
- Clean Sheet (GK) = +5 PTs
- Clean Sheet (D) = +3 PTs
- Win (GK) = +5 PTs
- Penalty Kick Save (GK) = +3 PTs
- Scoring Notes:
- The MLS awards both primary and secondary assists. Both primary and secondary assists are used for scoring in MLS contests and they have the same point value.
- A shot on goal will count as both a shot on goal as well as a shot. I.e. a total of +2 PTs.
- In the instance where a player gets 2 yellow cards, the player will also get a red card for a total of -5 PTs (-2PTs for the two yellow cards and -3PTs for the red card.)
- Goalkeepers/Defenders must play at least 60 minutes to qualify for the clean sheet bonus. The player’s team (regardless if he is still playing or not) must allow zero goals respectively over the course of regular time and extra time to qualify. Injury time is not counted in a player's total minutes played.
- Goalkeeper win stat is calculated at the end of regulation time or extra time if needed. Goalkeepers must play at least 60 minutes to qualify for a win.
- A penalty kick save will count as +2 PTs for the save and an additional +3 PTs for the penalty kick save.
- Stats from Penalty Kick shootouts will not be counted for any players.
- Own goals do not count as goals for, but do count as goals against for Goalkeepers and do factor into Clean Sheet calculations.